Cartref Ni is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, that provides 24/7 support to adults with learning disabilities enabling them to live in their own home in the counties of Conwy, Denbighshire, and Flintshire.
With offices located in St Asaph in North Wales, we have been operating for more than 30 years and are proud of our 145 colleagues including many longstanding employees, who support people to be as independent as possible, to fulfil their potential, be part of their communities and to live their dreams.
With a rating of excellent from CIW and local authorities, the services we provide are very well regarded by the people we support and their families.
Supporting a lady living in Flint who enjoys a variety of activities each week including pedal power, bowling and meeting friends in the pub once a week. She enjoys lunch out and coffee and cake at local cafes. She can become anxious at times so looking for someone with a positive outlook and pro active approach to support to join the established team that already support her. The lady has her own car so car driver is essential and female only staff.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you’ll be working at a house where support is being provided as part of a team, to people who may have both learning and physical disabilities who live in their own home. Your duties will require you to:
- Assist with all personal care requirements using hoists and other specialist equipment as appropriate; and, at all times, respecting the person’s dignity and privacy
- Assist individuals to access general public amenities both by vehicle and on foot (to include pushing a wheelchair as necessary and utilising an adapted vehicle)
- Assist individuals in developing their daily living skills to include home-related activities such as budgeting, cooking, cleaning, changing beds, laundry and shopping
- Complete all daily living tasks that cannot be completed by individuals due to physical and/or learning disabilities
- Attend, and actively participate in Service Delivery / Care Plan meetings
- Attend supervision sessions and team meetings
- Hours available on the 24/7 rota includes primarily waking nights.
- Permanent contract
- Pay rate of £12.10 to £13.15 per hour, based on experience, for day hours
- Pay rate of £14.00 per hour for waking night hours
- Some flexibility with hours worked
- Career development opportunities, with investment in training
- Staff rewards scheme with retail discount perks
- Cycle to work and discounted computer scheme
- Enhanced 'employer matched' pension contributions
- Able and willing to drive (most individuals we support have mobility vehicles)
- Able to push a wheelchair and utilise specialist mobility equipment (with training)
- Able to undertake a broad range of moderately physical activities
- Effective and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Passion for making a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people
- Able to work unsupervised making the best use of resources
- Ability to work in a team in a supportive and considerate manner
- Ability and willingness to listen
- Patient, and calm and confident in challenging situations
- Willingness to undertake all identified training