Cartref Ni is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, that provides 24/7 support to adults with learning disabilities enabling them to live in their own home in the counties of Conwy, Denbighshire, and Flintshire.
With offices located in St Asaph in North Wales, we have been operating for more than 30 years and are proud of our 145 colleagues including many longstanding employees, who support people to be as independent as possible, to fulfil their potential, be part of their communities and to live their dreams.
With good inspection reports from CIW and local authorities, the services we provide are very well regarded by the people we support and their families.
Supporting two ladies and a gentleman living in Llysfaen. All lead active lives, enjoying a variety of activities.
One lady has a love of motorbikes and enjoys visiting bikers cafes to watch the bikes and enjoy a cup of tea. The other lady enjoys anything that involves a coffee and cake! The gentleman has a love of theme parks and fast rides so someone who loves Alton towers would be good.
A knowledge of autism and makaton would be desirable but not essential as all training will be provided. Driver essential.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you’ll be working at a house where support is being provided as part of a team, to people who may have both learning and physical disabilities who live in their own home. Your duties will require you to:
- Assist with all personal care requirements using hoists and other specialist equipment as appropriate; and, at all times, respecting the person’s dignity and privacy
- Assist individuals to access general public amenities both by vehicle and on foot (to include pushing a wheelchair as necessary and utilising an adapted vehicle)
- Assist individuals in developing their daily living skills to include home-related activities such as budgeting, cooking, cleaning, changing beds, laundry and shopping
- Complete all daily living tasks that cannot be completed by individuals due to physical and/or learning disabilities
- Attend, and actively participate in Service Delivery / Care Plan meetings
- Attend supervision sessions and team meetings
- Hours available on the 24/7 rotas may include day, evening, weekend shifts and sleep ins.
- Permanent contract
- Pay rate of £10.90 to £11.95 per hour based on experience
- Some flexibility with hours worked
- Career development opportunities, with investment in training
- Staff rewards scheme with retail discount perks
- Cycle to work and discounted computer scheme
- Enhanced 'employer matched' pension contributions
- Able and willing to drive (most individuals we support have mobility vehicles)
- Able to push a wheelchair and utilise specialist mobility equipment (with training)
- Able to undertake a broad range of moderately physical activities
- Effective and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Passion for making a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people
- Able to work unsupervised making the best use of resources
- Ability to work in a team in a supportive and considerate manner
- Ability and willingness to listen
- Patient, and calm and confident in challenging situations
- Willingness to undertake all identified training